On Computer’s there is limited space for storing data. You will have to pay an extra amount to fulfill the storage requirements of your device. If you can use same storage space to store more data, wouldn’t it be great? Here, we are going to give you an easy way on how to compress zip files. The different ways of compressing zip files are explained in detail. Go through the complete article to understand better.
How to Compress Zip Files
File Compression is a process that removes the repetitive and empty data. The removal of this type of data reduces the file size. The benefits of zip files are not limited to storage space. When you send a file on email, you might have faced similar issues. You cannot send a file that exceeds a certain size on emails. In such cases, compressing the files can help you in sending a large amount of data.
See More: How to AirDrop from Mac to iPhone
There are certain things that you should know before compressing files:
- You will find certain files in zip format. Thus, adding these files to a folder or zipped folder won’t affect its size. The size of these files would be same.
- In case you already have a zipped folder, you won’t have to create one. Just drag and drop the files to the folder.
- You cannot add encrypted files to the zipped folder. Make sure you unencrypt the file before adding them to the folder.
Compress Files Online
You will have to search for ES File Explorer online.
- First, complete the installation of ES File Explorer.
- Now, search for the file you wish to compress.
- Long press on the folder.
- Select a file and tap another file to enable multiple selections.
- Once the process of selecting the files is complete, click on “More”.
- Now, tap on the compress icon.
- Change the name of the folder. Make changes in the settings and set a password.
- To confirm, click on Ok.
Also, check: Newest Movies HD
Reduce Zip File Size
Windows has an inbuilt function for creating zip files.
- First, open the location for creating the zipped file. You can even create the folder on desktop.
- Right-click anywhere on the screen. Move your cursor to the “New” option. Now, a list of options will open towards the right side.
- Click on “Compressed (Zipped) Folder”. The process is quite similar to creating a new folder.
- Rename the folder and click enter.
- The compressed folder looks similar to a new folder with a zip icon over it. Drag the files you want to compress to this folder. In case, you want to unzip the files then drag them out of the folder.
Compress Zip File Online
You can even compress the files while composing a message. Another way on How to Compress Zip Files in simple steps is given below:
- First, you will have to navigate to the file you want to send.
- Select and right-click on the file.
- Move the cursor to the send to option. Select “Compressed Folder”.
- Thus, a new zip file consisting of the file you selected will be created.
- Now, you can select the zip file and insert it as an attachment.