Google Analytics provides insights on your website. These insights help in building a strategy for your business’ success. Whether you share information or sell products, business aspects need to be understood. The Google Analytics is going to help you track the customer’s behavior. To know, how to setup Google Analytics, read the article. Every aspect of the setup process is given in detail.
How to Setup Google Analytics
There are certain reasons why you need the analytics account. These reasons are given below:
- To know about the visitors. You need to know where the traffic is coming from. This would help in building a strong marketing strategy.
- For knowing the Geographical area of the visitor. If you know the region, you can create promotions and campaigns accordingly. This will help in retaining the customers for a long time.
- To segment the customer base on your website. For example- You can have an online store. You can determine the segment of customers who actually buy products.
- You can check the goals of your business. Set goals and track the visitor’s journey by checking their actions.
- Google Analytics help you check the right keywords. These are the keywords on your site that bring traffic. Setup Google analytics WordPress to use these features.
- Good content can bring a lot of visitors to your site. Google Analytics breaks down the page views. So that you can streamline the content accordingly.
- A lot of users visit your website but there are not enough conversions. This might occur because they are unable to find anything that interests them. With Google Analytics, you will get a detailed report. You can then take necessary steps.
See More: How to Add Signature in Gmail
Setup New Google Analytics Account
Detailed steps on How to setup Google Analytics are given below:
- Open the browser and visit the official website of Google Analytics.
- Tap on “Sign Up” to open the form.
- Select a tab between the “Mobile App” and “Website”.
- Now, enter the details of your site. The first blank is for “Account Name”. Check the category to which your website belongs. You can name the account accordingly.
- Enter the name of your site in the “Website Name” box.
- Fill in your site’s web address in the “Website URL” field. Select an option from the drop-down for “Industry”.
- There are 4 different checkboxes. These checkboxes offer different data sharing facility. You can check them if you want them to be activated.
- Now, click on the blue colored “Tracking ID” button.
- Once the admin page opens, you can copy and use the tracking ID.
Also, check: How to Fix Mobile Network not Available
Setup Google Analytics Account
Now, that you have setup Google Analytics for your website. You need to make certain changes.
- Log in to the account and tap on the reporting tab. This would open the overview page of the account. Here, the different type of information like bounce rate, visitors, and more are visible.
- To get the in-depth details related to your site open the dashboard.
- The dashboard has some already configured basic widgets. Now, add or remove widgets to personalize the account according to the site. Check Google analytics tutorial for more information.
- You can create up to 20 dashboards on the Google Analytics account.